Newsletter #2020-3

Newsletter #2020-3

Hello everybody,

After all cancellations due to COVID-19… we cannot continue with our race in June 2020 as well. The very strict measurements that have been taken regarding COVID-19 both in the Netherlands as in Germany have forced us to make this decision.

We would like to present a high standard race to you. Unfortunately it is simply not possible to come together, develop our plans and get out on our playground to prepare the race in a way you may expect from us.

The good news is that we are committed to present you a race this year. Together with the DARS we managed to find a spot in September that fits our race well, so this means:

The race is postponed to 25 – 27 September 2020

We will do everything we can to organize a great race for you in September 2020. However, in case we can not race that weekend in September, the race will be postponed to next year on the weekend of 25 – 27 June 2021.

So, what are your options?

We came up with 3 options for you.

  1. You keep your registration and you will participate in the September 2020 race. This option will have no financial impact for you. You’ve already paid the registration fee (and any eat & sleep options) and your place in the race is secured. Any changes to the registration fee (if applicable) will have no effect on your registration, you don’t have to pay extra.
  2. You would like to keep your registration for the race but 25 – 27 September 2020 is already taken in your agendas. In this case you can transfer your registration to next year’s race on the weekend of 25 – 27 June 2021. Same as for option 1), this option will have no financial impact for you. You’ve already paid the registration fee (and any eat & sleep options) and your place in the race is secured. Any changes to the registration fee (if applicable) will have no effect on your registration, you don’t have to pay extra.
  3. You can also get your money back if both option 1 or 2 are not suiting you. As you can imagine we’ve already had some money spent on this year’s race. In this case we can refund you 80% of the registration fee and 100% of the eat & sleep cost you’ve paid.

Please reply to this email before 8 June 2020 and let us know which option you will choose. Include:

  • Your team name
  • The names of the participants 
  • The option you choose (1, 2 or 3)

For those teams on the waiting list

Please let us know if you still want to be on the waiting list for the September 2020 race. Based on the reactions of the registered teams we will inform you after 8 June 2020 if you can claim your spot in the race.

So for you as well, reply to this email before 8 June 2020 and let us know your preference:

  • Your team name
  • The names of the participants 
  • Would like to stay on the waiting list for 25-27 September 2020: Yes / No

Preconditions for the September 2020 race

We can organize a race in September 2020 when of course the COVID-19 measurements allow us to do so and we still have 20 teams for each distance (Long & Middle).

Take good care!

Take good care of yourself and each other, stay fit and please be patient. Let’s try to make it happen in September 2020 in Auenland!

Cheers,

Team Auenland Adventure Race

Join the discussion